Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Attention Blues Fans!!!



International Blues Challenge -- Memphis, TN
Thursday, February 1 - 3, 2007



See this woman? This is MELISSA SIGLER.

I have the great privilege of calling Melissa my friend, my sister, and my inspiration, not to mention my favorite Blues Mama and Zydeco Cajun Hot Tamale!! She's competing in the Solo/Duo category of the International Blues Challenge, which is an annual event put on by The Blues Foundation. She earned the honor of representing the Music City Blues Society, which is our local organization here in Nashville. Incidentally, the motto of the MCBS is: If you don't dig the blues, you got a hole in your soul! Naturally, we're members, since Hubby is a rockin' blues & boogie piano man from way back.

If you have any opportunity whatsoever to catch Melissa on stage in Memphis, DO IT. JUST DO IT. You will *NOT* be sorry. Melissa is a consummate entertainer, gifted songwriter, and has a voice like rich, smoky velvet. Further, she has attitude, and a sense of humor, which are just a few of the many things I love about her.

We here in Music City will be eagerly awaiting our Chanteuse's return; we completely expect her to blow the competition away and probably receive offers of all kinds to run off and leave us, but I promised to personally whip her ass if she tried. ;) She was appropriately intimidated. lol

So, go see my girl! Buy her CDs!!! Avail yourself of the unique opportunity of getting to say you knew her when, because, and trust me on this, this woman is going far.

Break a leg, Miss Sigler -- but *not* literally. I can't lend out my crutches just yet!


No comments: